Position Description: ACSO Scheduler
FLSA Status: Exempt
Location: U.S. Census Bureau
SCHEDULER - MICROSOFT PROJECT SERVER
Provide services for the implementation and maintenance of project management and scheduling systems and software, specifically the Bureau-wide Enterprise Portfolio Management Tool (EPMT) in Microsoft Project Server, for the American Community Survey Office. Services include the development, update and/or maintenance of earned value management, enterprise project structures, resource and cost structures, code structures, projects creation, activity layouts, network diagrams, custom reports and security profiles. In addition, the candidate will provide Project Server training, guidance and technical support for both server and client applications. Candidates should possess excellent communication skills in written and verbal situations.
- Support the implementation and maintenance of ACSO’s Microsoft Project Server application, which includes supporting, developing, and maintaining projects on a routine basis (reporting building, modifications to schedules and reports, and maintenance).
- Support the customer’s data collection system, project scheduling, and various project manager reports.
- Provide EPMT user training to ACSO staff.
- Provide troubleshooting and technical support of system upgrades while working with the technical points of contact (includes submitting and following of trouble tickets as necessary).
- Provide support for implementation and maintenance of ACSO’s projects in the EPMT to include:
- Routine support of developing, updating and scheduling projects.
- Ongoing support of resource loading and time tracking.
- Provide guidance with, and support resource related reports to ensure ACSO meets ACSO’s and the Census Bureau’s stated goals.
- Support with Earned Value Management and OMB E300
- Provide support and assistance with all phases of ACSO’s EVM for selected projects which includes:
- Technical support for the implementation of the earned value system, including the review of requirements, loading of resources and budgets, timesheet reports, troubleshooting, and mentoring.
- Development of useful and informative earned value reports and charts.
- Guidance on reports and graphics depicting the measurement of earned value.
- Guidance on OMB E300 reporting.
- Guidance in project closeout.
- Extensive experience working with Microsoft Project Server (MPS).
- Provide work products and deliverables that are accurate, complete, clear, and timely.
Regularly required to sit at a desk, work at a computer, type. Occasionally lifts, carries, and / or moves objects weighing less than 25 pounds. Ability to interact with customers at all levels and make decisions which have significant impact on the department’s credibility, operations, and services.